Administrative Services and Human Resources
Chief Administrative and Human Resources Officer
Alice Walton oversees a team of hiring professionals who focus on retainment, employee benefits, teacher certification, policies, application processes, compensation, and employee outreach and support.
You can email Ms. Walton or call 843-322-2419.
The Department of Administrative Services and Human Resources oversees BCSD personnel, including district and school administrators, school leaders, teachers, staff, food service workers, maintenance crews and bus drivers. We are committed to providing personalized services for our employees and our focus is to:
- Recruit, hire and retain qualified teachers and support staff who are committed to the children of Beaufort County;
- Seek collaborative systems for communicating;
- Comply with state and federal regulations, and contractual agreements;
- Provide safe and professional working environments, and provide training on Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) compliance and time and attendance processing.
- Provide all staff members with employee-related resources and information regarding insurance and financial programs (medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term care insurance; healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts; and 403(b) and 457(b) tax-deferred retirement savings programs);
- Provide access to the district's online portal; and
- Review and update salary and stipend schedules.
If you are looking for employment with the Beaufort County School District or interested in working as an educator, substitute teacher or paraprofessional, click CAREERS button at the top of this page.
The department's mailing address is: Beaufort County School District, P.O. Drawer 309, Beaufort, SC 29901-0309.
The Beaufort County School District is committed to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all students, parents/legal guardians, staff, visitors, applicants for admission and employment, personnel, and community members who participate or seek to participate in its educational programs or activities. Accordingly, the BCSD does not discriminate against any individual on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, or any related medical conditions, color, physical or mental disability, age (40 or older), ancestry, genetic information, national origin, or any other applicable status protected by Title VI, Title VII, Title IX or any other local, state, or federal law. To report sexual harassment, contact the following BCSD Title IX Coordinators: Lakinsha R. Swinton: (LaKinsha.Swinton@beaufort.k12.sc.us), Director of Student Services, Post Office Drawer 309, 2900 Mink Point Blvd., Beaufort, SC 29901., Office: 843-322-5451, Mobile: 843-441-4648, Fax: 843-322-5425 and/or; Jennifer A. Staton: (Jennifer.Staton@beaufort.k12.sc.us), Risk Manager, Post Office Drawer 309, 2900 Mink Point Blvd., Beaufort, SC 29901, Office: 843-322-2355, Mobile: 843-812-6405, Fax: 843-322-2389.