Career & Technical Education
CAREER & TECHNICAL EDUCATION
Career & Technical Education primarily serves students in grades 7-12 through state-approved course offerings leading to career concentrations, work-based learning opportunities, and/or industry credentials. Whether planning to attend a four-year university, a technical college or being prepared to enter the workplace, CATE courses and pathways can help students to graduate college and career ready. By providing expanded opportunities for students to participate in today’s innovative, rigorous and relevant technical programs, we are preparing our youth for a wide range of high-wage, high-skill, and high-demand careers. In addition to the expansion of technical course offerings across all six comprehensive high schools, BCSD also partners with Jasper County to support a career center model called the Beaufort-Jasper Academy for Career Excellence (BJACE). All course descriptions & school locations are noted by Career Cluster. Contact your school counselor for more details.
Schools have the authority to offer College Prep courses where Honors weighted courses are currently listed in this online catalog.
- Courses are noted in suggested sequencing (may offer in different years per a student’s need and availability).
- A Completer is a student who earns the required minimum of units per pathway. The CIP code is the state code entered into PowerSchool. *Required courses for CATE Completer Status.
- Individual course offerings per pathway may vary per high school.
- Students interested in CATE Pathways must also earn required academic credits for SC High School Diploma.
- All Clusters can include Dual Enrollment during years 3 & 4 per eligibility criteria.
- ALL CATE CLUSTERS BELOW CAN OFFER A SENIOR INTERNSHIP FOR CREDIT AS PART OF THE 4TH COURSE IF A STUDENT MEETS THE PRE-REQUISITES AND STATE GUIDELINES ARE FOLLOWED.