Early Release & Winter Graduation Policies
EARLY RELEASE POLICY
BCSD does not authorize Early Release of seniors who have met South Carolina Graduation Requirements. A student must have a course load of seven or eight credits for each year in high school. Upon administrative approval, a senior can be authorized Early Release only when they are enrolled in an approved Work-Based Learning Program or enrolled in the Early Credit College Opportunity Program.
EARLY WINTER GRADUATION POLICY
In order to be considered for early graduation, the student must meet the following criteria:
- The student and parent must make the request for a change in classification and early graduation in writing to the principal indicating the reason(s) the request is being made by the last day of 1st quarter for Fall (DEC) graduates.
- The student and parent must confer with a school counselor for advisement on advanced courses and electives which relate to the student’s career goals.
- The student must have been enrolled in high school for at least two years.
- The student must have earned credits in English I, II, and III prior to making the request. English IV is the only English course allowed in the final year.
- The student must have earned at least 18 credits or be able to take the number of credits in his/her final year to equal the number of required credits for high school graduation without having to enroll in correspondence courses.
- The counselor must submit a recommendation to the principal for a final decision.
- Early and winter graduates may participate in the spring commencement ceremonies.