Early Childhood/Pre-K & K
The Office of Early Childhood Education strives to provide a comprehensive, community-based approach to school readiness in Beaufort County through quality early childhood education, family literacy, and parent education. Through collaborative partnerships with a number of community family support agencies and childcare providers, the district focuses to improve the lives of preschool age children so that they can take full advantage of educational opportunities. Early childhood programs and initiatives improve the effectiveness of parents as the primary teachers of their children, promote and encourage language, intellectual growth, and physical social-emotional skills.
Our Early Childhood Core Values:
- Parents are their child’s first and most important teacher.
- The early years of a child’s life are critical for optimal development and provide the foundation for success in school and life.
- All children and their families deserve the same opportunities to succeed.
- An understanding and appreciation of diverse cultures and backgrounds is essential in serving all children and their families.
- We believe that all children can learn!
We believe early childhood learning experiences build the foundation for lifelong success.
To provide leadership and services to parents, teachers, schools, and community in the development and implementation of quality early childhood and family literacy programs that enable preschool children to be successful in Kindergareten and beyond.
Ashley Hutchison, Director of Readiness
PHONE (843) 521-2439 | FAX (843) 322-3144
Dr. Rebecca Stempel, Coordinator of Early Childhood and Parent Education
PHONE (843) 770-2057 | FAX (843)322-2346
Mary Beth Christensen, Office Manager
PHONE (843) 521-2399 | FAX (843)322-3099