Developmental screenings provide you a quick look to see if your child’s development is on track. Early identification can change your child’s future!
Developmental screenings are offered monthly across Beaufort County. Children ages 2.5 through 5.11 years can receive vision, hearing, speech and a developmental screening provided by a team of early childhood professionals, a nurse, and speech and language pathologist.
Referrals to early childhood agencies and services are provided for individual families and children based on screening results to ensure all children enter school ready to succeed.
You can support your child’s development by:
- Sharing information about your child’s development with your healthcare provider
- Asking about any concerns you have regarding your child
- Following the recommendations of the screener
- Scheduling additional evaluations when recommended
You can help your child by:
- Planning time throughout the day to read, talk, sing and play
- Offering a variety of nutritious foods
- Providing time to be active, run, jump, hop and skip
- Providing routines and daily schedules
To schedule your child’s developmental screening appointment, please call:
Beaufort County School District
Office of Early Childhood
843-521-2399 or 843-322-2300