2.0 GPA Policy
BCSD's 2.0 GPA Policy clearly states that in order for any student to participate in any athletic team or competition, a GPA of 2.0 must exist. All classes are counted in the overall GPA.
To be eligible in the first semester, the student must meet the following criteria:
- Pass a minimum of five Carnegie units applicable toward a high-school diploma during the previous year and at least two units must have been passed during the second semester or summer school.
- The previous year's weighted GPA should be a 2.0.
To be eligible during the second semester, the student must meet the following conditions:
- If the student met first semester eligibility requirements, then he/she must pass the equivalent of four, ½ units during the first semester.
- If the student did not meet first semester eligibility requirements, then he/she must pass the equivalent of five, ½ units during the first semester.
- A weighted GPA of 2.0 during the first semester of the same school year.
In a 4 x 4 block schedule where units or ½ units are granted at the end of the first semester, the following will apply:
- If eligible first semester, the student must earn two units.
- If not eligible first semester, the student must earn two and one-half units.
Academic courses are those courses of instruction for which credit toward high school graduation is given. These courses may be required or approved elective.